The female scorpion takes forty eight hours
To get arousal for the same partner
But is ready in a hour and a half
If the sexual partner is a stranger.
The sexual drive dead in the old couple
Gets renewed when paired with the new ones.
Sex suffers a lot from monogamy
And monogamy is undoable though.
To be desirable is the goal of life,
Which is not addressed in monogamy.
Monogamy cannot be dispensed with
For its guarantee and ownerships.
The elite struck a way and brought about
The poly-amorous relationships,
Which are enacted with the knowledge and
Tacit consents of everyone involved.
As husbands and wives they roam in the days
And go out reaching lovers in the nights.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Poly-amorous relationships by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman
- My life, Abekah Emmanuel
- Hook-Nosed Barbra, Richard Thripp