It’s the 21st century,
World has advanced in many ways, yet poverty still cries.
Looking at the little boy with tears in eyes,
Desperately searching for love, companion and good clothes
We all know what it clearly indicates and shows,
It haunts me, and part of me wants to make a change and,
the other me wants to forget
but I can surely bet
It’s something one with a good heart wouldn’t do!
If it takes some sacrifice, I’m ready
But is the rest of the world?
I see poverty in a rich man trying to find love,
I see poverty in a well-educated man who lacks modesty.
I see poverty in a literate man who lacks respect for poor.
I see poverty in a selfish man who wants more
The world is still imperfect despite all the advancements,
Because there is,
Ricky Baker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poverty by Ricky Baker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thirty-Three Thousand Defeats, Jeff Gangwer
- Penalty Shots, Jeff Gangwer
- Poems without Homes, Jeff Gangwer
- Four Nails, Jeff Gangwer
- Nobody Will Ever Read This, Jeff Gangwer
- Perspective, Hirotsugu Daba
- Please Don't Ask Me, 'How Are You? ', LUVinThe NOW
- "...so I can disappear", Jeff Gangwer
- Ted Bundy's Mine, Jeff Gangwer
- Not a drama, gajanan mishra