The only good power is what wisdom we encounter, to make us smarter, with each passing hour.
The only good power is the love that we shower, on our friends, family, enemies, and lover.
The only good power is the experience we gain, from varied events that are never the same.
The only good power is the knowledge we share, with further generations that are our future heirs.
The only good power, is that which makes some mighty, by helping others and having chivalry.
The only good power is that which comes from one’s great will, to never be hindered, and solve all problems well.
Power comes from deep within, to expel all demons from one’s verbal chin, to compel all heroes that all they have to do is win.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Power by Chris Purser )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Friendship, Henry David Thoreau
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Realisation, hafiz qasim
- What does darkness mean to you?, Jeremy Horsford
- The Way It Used To Be, Michael P. McParland
- A Cigarette's Butt-end, Abu Sufian
- PH: Love: Oh Let...!, Brian Johnston
- The Sweetness, Michael P. McParland
- Keep Heart, Francie Lynch
- Shall appeal, hasmukh amathalal
- collecting the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...
- The Storm, Michael P. McParland