I do not cradle to be in power
yet I do not have distastes for it
power is like a grain of sand
lost in hand when you grab much
Power is beyond ones wildest dream of control
Power is meant for the eager beavers with humble hearts
Though many strive hard to get it at length
The touch of power by the oppressed will make him sink his teeth in it
Power is self destruction
I seek three powers from you dear God!
Give me the power to think
Give me the power to say my thoughts
And the power to stand by it
With these, I have the powers of the world.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (power by saliu ahmad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak