sultan Abdul Hamid I
Praise Of The Prophet
O my master, O Messenger of Allah, take my hand:
I have none besides you, nor will I pause to rely on anyone but you.
For you are the light of guidance in everything that exists
and you are the secret of munificence and the best reliance.
And you are in truth the helper of all creation,
and you are the guide of mortals to Allah, Owner of help.
O you who stand on the Station of Praise, singled out
by the One Who is Single, Who is not begotten and does not beget.
O you from whose fingers rivers burst forth
so that he quenched the thirst of the numerous army.
Verily, if I am faced with harm and fearful injustice
I say: O Master of masters, O my support!
Be my intercessor with the Merciful regarding my mistakes
and grace me with what eludes my heart.
And look upon me always and ever with kind eyes,
and cover with your favor my shortcomings all my life.
Kindly bestow on me encompassing forgiveness
for from you, O my master, I was never separated.
I have sought as my means the elect one, the noblest of any
that ascended the heavens, the secret of the Unique One?
O Lord of beauty! Exalted is Allah Who created him,
for such as him in all creation I have never seen?
The best of creatures, the apex of Messengers,
the treasure of humankind and their guide to integrity!
In him I have taken refuge: perhaps Allah will forgive me.
This is what I count on and firmly believe.
Therefore his tireless praise shall never cease to be my task
and love of him sustains me in the presence of the Lord of the Throne.
Upon him the purest of endless blessings without cease
together with greetings that cannot be stemmed nor counted
And upon his Family and Companions, a glorious folk all,
The ocean of forgiveness, the people of generosity and aid!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Praise Of The Prophet by sultan Abdul Hamid I )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Synonyms For POET, Adriana Avila
- A Poem A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, Adriana Avila
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry
- Winter night, Tom Squires
- mockingbird, oskar hansen
- Villanelle The Fake or the Phoney thrive.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Looking at love, David Cadywold
- The Course Of A Butterfly, Maurice Harris
- Nothing else, Cee Bea