Prayer of Navratri
Benevolent mother, Goddess Durga!
You are the mother of universe
You are the strength of the deities.
Mother! we fully devote, to you;
the first nine sacred days of autumn
and the first nine sacred days of spring.
Mother! accept my prayer and worship
of the Navratris, your holy nine nights
and keep blessed in your all manifestations.
Form of mother nature, Mother Shailputri!
Daughter of mountain king Himalaya!
bestow us the power and energy.
The gorgeous form, Mother Brahmcharini!
let the world live sacred and pure,
let the universe be filled with love and peace.
Having three eyes, Mother Chandraghanta!
holding crescent moon on your head,
establish justice and fairness in the world.
Holding eight hands, Mother Kushmaanda!
provide all and every thing we need
to survive and for the comfortable live.
Mother Skand Mata! The Goddess of fire!
give us power and wisdom to distinguish,
the right from the wrong and follow truth.
Mother Kaatyayini! Riding on lion
You persistently battle against the evil;
continue to slay bad and deceitful entities.
Hey Maa Kaalratri! Shubhamkari
Destroyer of the darkness and fear
don’t let the evils grow and keep us fearless.
Riding on bull, Mother Maha Gauri!
liberate the world of evil forces
and radiate the peace in the universe.
Mother Sidhidaatri! The greatest power
You’re invincible power, giver of boons to Gods;
keep us blessed and fulfil our wishes.
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayer of Navratri by S.D. TIWARI )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(3rd April 19sixty)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Governor-Chancellor, I Am A Jadavpuria.., Bijay Kant Dubey