Prayers to Lord!
Away from the world, murmuring
Darkness, with chores of my life-
Find it to clouds, in bated breath-
When ages around me passed, in strife!
My prayers match to the orders-
From heaven, I smile welcoming-
This futile ache, limits of reserve
For my soul meets, matchless string!
And lunar flashes did not let me-
Empty handed, night has prolonged-
And blessed! with your poised gait-
When this mind fails, heart prevails!
You will be across this bated breath-
For those formless beats- holds from above-
To pacify this ailing possession- truth,
In breathless quest; for this magical glance!
Read this letter, among your trivial pleas-
With a brief place in the numbers-
Offered before you; for this is the pen,
The world overlooks; but you!
Deb Panda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayers to Lord! by Deb Panda )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Catch 22 on the Lake District hills., Dan Reynolds
- My Words, Fatima Nusairat
- Jesus And Gandhi: South And North Of Sam.., Saiom Shriver
- I Remember, Ronald Chapman
- The Flash Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Chick Coalition, Saiom Shriver
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan
- West, GRANT FRASER