Prayers to Lord!
Away from the world, murmuring
Darkness, with chores of my life-
Find it to clouds, in bated breath-
When ages around me passed, in strife!
My prayers match to the orders-
From heaven, I smile welcoming-
This futile ache, limits of reserve
For my soul meets, matchless string!
And lunar flashes did not let me-
Empty handed, night has prolonged-
And blessed! with your poised gait-
When this mind fails, heart prevails!
You will be across this bated breath-
For those formless beats- holds from above-
To pacify this ailing possession- truth,
In breathless quest; for this magical glance!
Read this letter, among your trivial pleas-
With a brief place in the numbers-
Offered before you; for this is the pen,
The world overlooks; but you!
Deb Panda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayers to Lord! by Deb Panda )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque