Calvin M. Lake
Precious promise God has given
That as my Shepherd, He
By waters still, the way will lead
and from want I shall be free.
When times are tough, the going rough,
Of rest I am assured,
As burdens bear, and troubles wear,
My soul shall be restored.
When death shall stalk, and its path I walk,
He will reassure my heart;
and I can say through all the way,
Thou my rod and comfort art.
When enemies encircle me,
I will have no fear.
God will protect and fight, you see,
For He is always near.
His love and mercy, have been so free,
Down through my life, you know,
So I should praise Him, you'll agree,
For soon to Him I'll go.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Precious Promise by Calvin M. Lake )
- Pushed, Celeste Bracey
- Web, Marshall Gass
- Republic, Marshall Gass
- The Obvious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Split-second, Marshall Gass
- Refusing To Wear Masks, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- She- the Lighthouse!, Marshall Gass
- apex, Cee Bea
- Darkness, Kumar Aggarwal
- comets wait for us, because we're sort o.., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Dinner Guest: Me, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)