Calvin M. Lake
Precious promise God has given
That as my Shepherd, He
By waters still, the way will lead
and from want I shall be free.
When times are tough, the going rough,
Of rest I am assured,
As burdens bear, and troubles wear,
My soul shall be restored.
When death shall stalk, and its path I walk,
He will reassure my heart;
and I can say through all the way,
Thou my rod and comfort art.
When enemies encircle me,
I will have no fear.
God will protect and fight, you see,
For He is always near.
His love and mercy, have been so free,
Down through my life, you know,
So I should praise Him, you'll agree,
For soon to Him I'll go.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Precious Promise by Calvin M. Lake )
- Cuckold's Plea, Donal Mahoney
- Thrilling night, Sneha Celine
- Love Is Not A Feeling, Margaret Alice Second
- a symphony, Cee Bea
- one shouldn't, Neelapu Suresh
- Spring Wood, Knutsford: my place of play, Mark Heathcote
- Mrs. Ullrick, Akhtar Jawad
- See the Beauty of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- Changes after being In love, Sneha Celine
- The Tailor's Daughter - III (The Underw.., Chris Zachariou
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 February 1874 – 12 May 1925)