Calvin M. Lake
Precious promise God has given
That as my Shepherd, He
By waters still, the way will lead
and from want I shall be free.
When times are tough, the going rough,
Of rest I am assured,
As burdens bear, and troubles wear,
My soul shall be restored.
When death shall stalk, and its path I walk,
He will reassure my heart;
and I can say through all the way,
Thou my rod and comfort art.
When enemies encircle me,
I will have no fear.
God will protect and fight, you see,
For He is always near.
His love and mercy, have been so free,
Down through my life, you know,
So I should praise Him, you'll agree,
For soon to Him I'll go.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Precious Promise by Calvin M. Lake )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...
- One Day I Shall Not Remain Here, But My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yes, I am a man, gajanan mishra
- Journey, Evageline Echo
- I Call Myself A Good Man, But I Am Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- She needs you to buy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Thinking the four as young, known and ac.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love Is What You Need, B.. Alexander