Give me life,
And give me breath.
Let me not be e'er
Lend me love,
And lend me grace.
Let me not fall, e'er
With the wind,
And with the air;
Let me go with
And standing tall;
Let me freely hold
Back my all.
Give me freedom,
And allow me this;
Lest I be cast down,
Into the abyss.
Save me from that,
And save me from sleep,
From this absurd hell,
Serving ignorant sheep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pride's Entreaty by Anne Kharting )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Libra Scale, Kewayne Wadley
- To Kill Another Man, Randy McClave
- the sun left a souvenir, signed and ever.., Mandolyn ...
- A Birdlime., Tony Adah
- Cycle, Shannon Malone
- The Little cat., Tony Adah
- Time Away, Larry Ninas
- A Wish, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- The telling Effect of Visual Spell, rajendran muthiah
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi