Well baby don't you work on,
Counting the seconds,
You're distracted for
You're just sleeping around.
Rules don't apply to you,
An Oedipal complex,
As long as they ditch the outer layers.
But how long will that last for?
Does the buzz stay?
Blow it all away.
Keep the pleasure.
Make em' sway,
But can you fit it all in?
Your mind's blocked,
Like a lost,
Game of tetris.
Arms dam walls
Filled to capacity,
It's a wonder,
You don't overflow.
Clothes lost in the tatters of your tardiness
Too late whoops you've built up the battlements.
Polish your nails sweetie
Make em' all pretty,
Nevermind the underneath,
The needy and gritty,
Too bad mummy's,
Not around to set some rules,
To busy to review,
Your harmful principles.
ally gunther's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Principle by ally gunther )
- A Forest Trek, Valsa George
- From palace, hasmukh amathalal
- Loving you patient, tsholofelo phakathi
- Afterward, Frank Avon
- स्पष्ट तुम्हें मैं देख रहा हूँ (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Heavenward Bending, Frank Avon
- No reaction, hasmukh amathalal
- Walking Into The Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pillow of the night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- O to be haunted!, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Question, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)