Stricken by diarrhoea
Pinned down by dysentery
Inmates’ torture and tyranny
Breathing their last
With nobody’s care
These are prisoners.
Capital offence detained
Through false prophets
Mere multiple suspicion
These are all prisoners.
Of hard-hearted hawks of order
Others succumbing to hunger
Leaving and entering criss-crossingly
These are prisoners of “Primeira Esquadra”.
Dedication: To all prisoners
Tuesday,9th May 1995
Isaac Maliya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prisoners by Isaac Maliya )
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart
- ages, Howard MacDougall
- Wellness doubt, Antonio Liao
- The Circle, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Shot By An Angry Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- mornings, Howard MacDougall
- One Forgets, Naveed Akram
- See The Water, Lenny Orlando Camacho