Carol Fleming Klein
Prodigal Daughter 1
Hey Prodigal Daughter,
bright lonely girl
with heart in the far country.
and brown eyes
whose thoughts behind
dance off to the far country.
Slim profile, prim demeanor
contradict rebellious soul
reaching out for the far country.
Warm lips, strong embrace
carries you off, to the far country.
Hey Prodigal Daughter
Your Father waiting by the gate
calls you home...
calls you home from the far country.
Thursday, June 24,1988
Carol Fleming Klein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prodigal Daughter 1 by Carol Fleming Klein )
- Gulls in the Wind, Betsy Sholl
- Let the Rain begin, Antonio Liao
- Scenes From the Rain! ! ! ! ! ! ! !, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Here, Betsy Sholl
- The Blue Eyed, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Tortoise, Betsy Sholl
- A Reflecting Mirror, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sanctuary, Naveed Khalid
- Angel of Dissent, Betsy Sholl
- The Queen Mary, Ima Ryma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Heather Burns
(1923 - 1998)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)