Carol Fleming Klein
Prodigal Daughter 1
Hey Prodigal Daughter,
bright lonely girl
with heart in the far country.
and brown eyes
whose thoughts behind
dance off to the far country.
Slim profile, prim demeanor
contradict rebellious soul
reaching out for the far country.
Warm lips, strong embrace
carries you off, to the far country.
Hey Prodigal Daughter
Your Father waiting by the gate
calls you home...
calls you home from the far country.
Thursday, June 24,1988
Carol Fleming Klein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prodigal Daughter 1 by Carol Fleming Klein )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)