Carol Fleming Klein
Prodigal Daughter 1
Hey Prodigal Daughter,
bright lonely girl
with heart in the far country.
and brown eyes
whose thoughts behind
dance off to the far country.
Slim profile, prim demeanor
contradict rebellious soul
reaching out for the far country.
Warm lips, strong embrace
carries you off, to the far country.
Hey Prodigal Daughter
Your Father waiting by the gate
calls you home...
calls you home from the far country.
Thursday, June 24,1988
Carol Fleming Klein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prodigal Daughter 1 by Carol Fleming Klein )
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)