Lawrence S. Pertillar
Protesting Against What They Had Accepted
I get it.
Those who are protesting against,
What they had accepted.
Are the very ones who now oppose,
The others who had then objected...
What was once accepted,
But now protest against.
And anyone who disagrees with this confusion,
Is rejected to be considered a nonconformist!
To be ignored for any sense from this,
They wish to have made understood...
'And 'they' who use to be 'them'...
Are wondering why so many children,
Are suffering from 'Attention Deficit Disorders'.'
What in the world is that?
'Something different than being Bi-polar.
To avoid being labelled mentally unfit.'
WHO comes up with this stuff?
It's safe to say,
It is becoming easier to separate,
The ones who are mentally stable.'
'They were the ones depicted as being crazed,
Long ago by those who are now attempting to explain...
Their involvement in implementing all the nonsense.
And of course,
Those who continue to follow their directives,
Are depending upon them to find solutions.'
They are very serious about it.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Protesting Against What They Had Accepted by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- You Are Your School, Lucy Azubuike
- Moon at Morning, Susan Stewart
- Splendid Colors of Life, Seema Chowdhury
- The Power of Silence, mark anthony st. rose
- White Marbles on Life's Floor, Seema Chowdhury
- Gift, Slavisa Bajcer
- There's Always Something New, Seema Chowdhury
- मेरी साँसो की कविता में, Lalit Kaira
- Heal and seal, hasmukh amathalal
- मैं एक फूल हूँ कांटो से, जिसकी नातेदार.., Aftab Alam