Lawrence S. Pertillar
Protesting Against What They Had Accepted
I get it.
Those who are protesting against,
What they had accepted.
Are the very ones who now oppose,
The others who had then objected...
What was once accepted,
But now protest against.
And anyone who disagrees with this confusion,
Is rejected to be considered a nonconformist!
To be ignored for any sense from this,
They wish to have made understood...
'And 'they' who use to be 'them'...
Are wondering why so many children,
Are suffering from 'Attention Deficit Disorders'.'
What in the world is that?
'Something different than being Bi-polar.
To avoid being labelled mentally unfit.'
WHO comes up with this stuff?
It's safe to say,
It is becoming easier to separate,
The ones who are mentally stable.'
'They were the ones depicted as being crazed,
Long ago by those who are now attempting to explain...
Their involvement in implementing all the nonsense.
And of course,
Those who continue to follow their directives,
Are depending upon them to find solutions.'
They are very serious about it.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Protesting Against What They Had Accepted by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- main kalam tha to wo....., sanjay kumar maurya
- A Parable of Immortality, Henry Van Dyke
- Midnight, David Lewis Paget
- tera bhi dour hai....., sanjay kumar maurya
- roj us dariya kinare....., sanjay kumar maurya
- life, Soul Watcher
- Poem for You, David Shapiro
- tumhara har bharam tut...., sanjay kumar maurya
- Beyond Season, Mist or Mystery, Ananta Madhavan
- The Weight of the World, Katinka Havermans
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Birth Day, Elise Paschen
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Palace Of My Beloved, Said Akl
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)