High praise, Yahweh, I give You, for You have helped me up,
and not let my enemies gloat over me.
Yahweh, my God, I cried to You for help, and You have
Yahweh, You have brought my soul up from Sheol,
of all those who go down to the Pit You have revived me.
Play music in Yahweh's honour, you devout,
remember His Holiness, and praise Him.
His anger lasts a moment, His favour a lifetime;
in the evening, a spell of tears, in the morning, shouts of joy.
In my prosperity, I used to say,
'Nothing can ever shake me! '
Your favour, Yahweh, stood me on a peak impregnable;
but then You hid Your face and I was terrified.
Yahweh, I call to You,
I beg my God to pity me,
'What do you going by my blood if i go down to the Pit?
Can the dust praise You or proclaim Your faithfulness?
'Hear, Yahweh, take pity on me;
Yahweh, help me! '
You have turned my mourning into dancing,
You have stripped off my sackcloth and wrapped me in gladness;
and now my heart, silent no longer, will play You music;
Yahweh, my God, I will praise You for ever.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Psalm 30 by Justin Reamer )
- you're my hard liquor, but soft, Mandolyn ...
- Tears of Heart, Rohit Sapra
- The Value Has To Be, Rohit Sapra
- My Heart Aches So Much, Rohit Sapra
- Feather (haiku), hap rochelle
- i'm a french braid you unravel, Mandolyn ...
- In Fantasia, Harry Freeman
- Robin Williams Tribute, Suzae Chevalier
- ROBIN WILLIAMS IS A LIGHTWORKER, Suzae Chevalier
- Doing My Best, Kyle Schlicher
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)