Take me not out of my way
Allow me to love and touch you this very day.
That our goodness is not separate nor unique
But that you may always find me when you seek.
That I will be gentle and soft as the tides roll in
To take you with me on the journey of no sin.
May we have a portion of each day to love one another
That we will share our talk and feelings as those of a lover.
Our moments to be tender and gentle as in the holy grail
A time to sleep and a time to hoist; the billowing sail.
That when we become weak and lose our strength to keep
May our coming together never cause the other to weep.
To complete our day and have some fun
A swim in the ocean under a summer sun.
Tho I ask for much I ask from thee
As my teacher, my lover; my vision to see.
chuck Hurley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Psalter by chuck Hurley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)