Puppy and kitten
I had been with a kitten,
With whose love I was smitten.
Warmth wafted us between.
She left after a good innings.
I had been with a puppy,
In whose company too I was happy.
Currents flowed between us.
I left her in the beginning of the innings.
One day I had a vivid dream,
Wherein came the puppy before my avid eyes,
Wagging, her head under my cares.
The puppy, not the kitten, I rules.
The one who is in your stream
will only come in your dream.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puppy and kitten by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Scent of the Rain, Steven Rhoads
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki