I had a little puppy,
It piddled on the floor,
And every time I mopped it up,
It piddled even more.
He didn’t get the message,
I tried to teach in vain,
He didn’t give much notice,
Oops, there he goes again.
Another little puddle,
To mop up once again,
The place is in a guddle,
When will he ever learn.
I chase him round with papers,
To lead him to the door,
I have to watch his every move,
In case he leaves me more.
And just when I had given up,
On such a hopeless case,
He scampered to the door then,
Panic etched upon his face.
At last we turned the corner,
With help from God above,
And looking back I realise why,
They call this Puppy Love.
Linda Harnett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puppy Love by Linda Harnett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In Search Of Americans, Joe Sadeghloo
- Write down everything, gajanan mishra
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Soul Is A Traceless Wound, mary douglas
- A Pink Chalk Moon Rising Behind A Blue H.., mary douglas
- GALE'S MEDAL, Terry Collett
- Listen To Me, I am Talking, Ali Faisal
- That There Should Be Flowers There, mary douglas
- Tetracty Dry Grass, Heather Burns
- On The Highway Of Life, Heather Burns