Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight)
Putting Boot In Practice At Art Hotel
achieving few set goals
this place has been taking
stealers of time hearts are taking
this ill run dissension place
has been taking quiet places
where dedicated poet writes
only painters of pictures
are worthy of creation places
poets are not even artists
to Daniel I have the power at Art Hotel
Daniel proclaims writing poetry is doing nothing
a poet is one wanting to do nothing
a poet is one who does nothing
stolen many potential poems away
under rule Daniel who holds sway
Terence should be writing better
a poet of salt should be doing better
I get to peace write better never?
for long under soap opera drama struves?
how can we best judge their true characters?
by the way they treat lowest on their scales?
by how they treat those
who can do for them nothing
do not stroke their egos?
Shay is a good example to clarify character struves
Sunke storm yells at Shay 'no one stays at the art hotel free'
of course Sunke Cass friends often stay exception free?
my mother stated I do not suffer fools easily
I loathe hate aggressive arrogance two faced hypocrisy
those who kick down out suffering in poverty
Shay has troubles but causes no troubles
Shay has problems but cause no problems
Shay tries to drink way out of problems?
but if your penniless homeless like destitute Shay?
then Sunke rants tries to kick you out you cannot stay?
boot Sunke puts into down out Shay with no place to stay?
Terence has quiet word in Shay's ear!
tells him solution plan nothing to fear!
how to alternative survival endure here?
Choose to be part of solution or problem?
Choose to be in the right with two or three?
Or choose lord it over helpless be problem?
never get to be a lot of me...
achieving few set goals
takes time dedicated time
this supposed art hotel
this place has been taking away
I should be writing better
never get to be a lot of me
rarely get to write best in me?
but making a few good soul choices...
in dark shadows of descent ripples
out of lime lights blindness curse
wise head sows a few peace words
Topic of this poem: Life
Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Written in July&August 2014 on the 26.7.2014&4.8.2014.
Comments about this poem (Putting Boot In Practice At Art Hotel by Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight) )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Unchanging To Exchange Blame, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Have Fun! Why Not?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Respecting Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- where you belong..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Our Divine Differences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sense Of Being Directionless, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Desert, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Living on, The Princess is
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi