We are two separate puzzles,
with completely different pieces.
But it's almost as if the colours are the exact same.
So I play my pieces on yours,
and find a way to become beautiful again.
We were loose at the corners,
but we held on for dear life,
and we melted into something new altogether.
I've stopped waiting to be rescued,
and I'm letting you, instead, kidnap me.
You tell me, 'okay.'
And I'm beginning to think that
maybe this means 'always.'
So I shut my mouth,
and rest my head in the crook of your shoulder.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
and been honest throughout about 13 months now. I love him more than I could possibly even ever love myself.
Comments about this poem (Puzzle by Faith Cavalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Theory of Relativity, Sylvia Perry
- For Scooner, and that colour green you m.., Annie Cordelia Adams
- Malak, Sylvia Perry
- DON'T SPEND YOUR TIME, Gary James Smith
- Night Cap, Sylvia Perry
- I THANK YOU LORD, Gary James Smith
- When the Moon Descends, F. J. Thomas
- Grafenberg, Sylvia Perry
- PAPER BOAT, Samarendranath Mahapatra
- Down but Not Out, Sunny Chopra