Of old, like Helen, guerdon of the strong --
Like Helen fair, like Helen light of word, --
"The spoils unto the conquerors belong.
Who winneth me must win me by the sword."
Grown old, like Helen, once the jealous prize
That strong men battled for in savage hate,
Can she look forth with unregretful eyes,
Where sleep Montcalm and Wolfe beside her gate?
John McCrae's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quebec by John McCrae )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love passion..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- मोखांजोँ मोखां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Walton/Walmart Chinese Club, Richard Thripp
- sharing a cup of civet coffee, RIC S. BASTASA
- and they will love you for it, RIC S. BASTASA
- that old streetcar already named desire, RIC S. BASTASA
- an ailing wind, RIC S. BASTASA
- mistaken......, RIC S. BASTASA
- All I'm Looking For, Angel Gibbs
- To You, With Love, Fareez Nasir