Long before she waved her
shaky hands to the shore
of the tumultuous sea.
Did she copy his life
and pasted it on her white sheet?
No reply comes from
the marine heart.....
She knows the stillness,
will come in the mid sea...
The ceaseless sound of water,
the smell of the whales
and the sky boundless
the hot sun and chill of night,
are meant for her life sentence!
Yonder, in the horizon
the bay of the palm and coconut
trees' canvas get tinged with
the grey shed.......
The sea-gull swoops to
pick its day's meal......
Alone she waits on the deck
to find out the answer,
did she copy his life
and pasted? ? ? ?
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quest.. by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart