Write me what you're wearing! Is it warm?
Write me how you lie! Do you lie there softly?
Write me how you look! Is it still the same?
Write me what you're missing! Is it my arm?
Write me how you are! Have you been spared?
Write me what they're doing! Do you have enough courage?
Write me what you're doing! Is it good?
Write me, who are you thinking of? Is it me?
Freely, I've given you only my questions.
And I hear the answers, how they fall.
When you're tired, I can't carry it for you.
If you're hungry, I have nothing for you to eat.
And so now I leave the world
No longer there, as if I've forgotten you.
Bertolt Brecht's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Questions by Bertolt Brecht )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Oral Given Good, Luis Estable
- Not guest, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Felt Things, Luis Estable
- Sins may raise, hasmukh amathalal
- Immortal lives on the battle field, Steve Jackson
- Like spring, hasmukh amathalal
- And I will, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- আশীর্বাদ, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- The Question of the Metaphysical Squirrel, Eugene Levich
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara