Brother Jonathan Gardner
Quiz Poem #3: World City
The 'triumphant one' in a sea of sand,
founded by caliphs of old, and
once the prize of the 'emperor' from France.
Hanging Church and the Virgin's tree, to enhance?
[Brother Jonathan Gardner]
Copyright © ®2008, Brother Jonathan Gardner. All rights reserved.
Okay, did you get the city's name? There are five poems that form a 'quiz poem: world city' in which you have to guess the capital city from anywhere in the world! Easy huh? Once you've got the city's name (or even if you have all five) just email me. It's for fun!
Do email answers rather than put them here as a comment, as that'll spoil it for others. So far the response has been good. Let me know if you like the idea - even if you haven't got the answer or don't want to take part.
Brother Jonathan Gardner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quiz Poem #3: World City by Brother Jonathan Gardner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Poem En Duo, Abekah Emmanuel
- A COFFEE KETTLE FOR A CUP OF COFFEE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Shadow of Sorrow, Mark R. Elias
- The Need For You, Manauwer Raza
- Shooting Star, Jacqueline Nash
- Take Back Health, Bud Taylor
- Anger, Savita Tyagi
- Random Thought lll, Savita Tyagi
- Freedom, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Not Another Chance, Aanuoluwa Adebanjo