Dr John Celes
Quote Prompt: Love is Greatest When Separation is Most!
As years roll on and childhood disappears,
The lovely time we spent in parents’ home
Must end, as each one separates to start
A family unit own –a unique nest!
Caught ’midst problems galore in life’s doldrums,
We hardly find the time to talk to all
Our siblings, parents, friends and relatives,
Immersed in rearing children, of our own.
Sometimes, we stay abroad to earn fat sums,
And leave our children in our parents’ care,
And time flies on when turn they elderly,
And yet, we can’t reciprocate their love.
Our parents old are left in hands of fate!
Bereft of love and words from kith and kin,
They spent their lives in solitude for years,
With not a soul to tend to them when sick!
Oh, what a cruel world for elderly!
The father bird dies followed by his she!
For family’s wealth, there is a tussle strange;
Both souls are gone to rest in peace for now!
The absent souls had done their mite with might;
The children now regret their loving loss;
Their memories haunt night and day, all life;
But lives lost once cannot return at all!
The fondness grows into a fountain big;
They could have loved their parents when alive;
What use is heart afilled with love to brim,
If one can’t say a word of enquiry!
The fondness turns into a yearning stage;
All you can do even now is to pray
To God, to grant perpetual light to them
To shine, and take them to His own Abode!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Quote Prompt: Love is Greatest When Separation is Most! by Dr John Celes )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Will Love You Forever, I Love My Wife Forever
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- English Words, V. K. Gokak
Poem of the Day
- I Miss You 4, Michael P. McParland
- Dance of the Marionette, Raymond A. Foss
- I Miss You 3, Michael P. McParland
- windmill hill, lee fones
- I Miss You 2, Michael P. McParland
- My Daughter at 14, Christmas Dance, 1981, Maria Mazziotti Gillan
- I Miss You, Michael P. McParland
- Life at peril, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Greeting, Clive Blake
- Duality!, SALINI NAIR