Robert William Service
Rosemary has of dolls a dozen,
Yet she disdains them all;
While Marie Rose, her pauper cousin
Has just an old rag doll.
But you should see her mother it,
And with her kisses smother it.
A twist of twill, a hank of hair,
Fit for the rubbish bin;
How Rosemary with scorn would stare
At its pathetic grin!
Yet Marie Rose can lover it,
And with her kisses cover it.
Rosemary is a pampered pet;
She sniffs a dainty nose
Of scorn at ragged dolls, and yet
My love's with Marie Rose,
In garret corner shy and sweet,
With rag doll Marguerite.
Though kin they are, a gulf will grow
Between them with the years;
For one a life of love will know,
The other toil and tears:
Perhaps that shabby rag doll knows
The rue of Marie Rose.
Robert William Service's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ragetty Doll by Robert William Service )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Conspiracy, Susmit Panda
- jupiter, Mandolyn Davidson
- Woodcutter Vs Woodpecker, SALINI NAIR
- Ne detin e ngrire te meendimeve te mia, skender iljaz braka
- Indiferentizem ekstrem, skender iljaz braka
- Mangesi tolerance, skender iljaz braka
- Ne ditet me te erreta te jetes sime, skender iljaz braka
- Nxitoni o ju hapa te penguara, skender iljaz braka
- I kthyer ne nje statuje te mermert, skender iljaz braka
- Ndofta per te fundit here, skender iljaz braka