They never knew each other
Will never meet in life again
For two hours were brought together
Four men stuck in a rain.
Same shelter they chanced to come to
Strangers all they were
Each with other had nothing to do
No relations of love and care.
They started to talk about weather
How they were halted by the rain
Soon chatted like friends forever
Who had met after a long time again.
The strangers caught in the downpour got so many things to say
Unfamiliar men trapped in common distress
Who would soon disperse on their own way
Never carrying the memory of their face.
But here as the rain fell in ceaseless torrents
The four souls worked up a tenuous bond
Not minding fragility of those absurd moments
A rewarding camaraderie they found.
When the rain stopped for them to depart
They went their way with cheerful smile
There was no sadness nor any aching heart
They were happy to be together awhile.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Who meet for a while
In cheerful smile
And forget our pain.
Comments about this poem (Rain Men by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Poem of the Day
- Sonnet 5: I love thee;, Juwon Daniel
- To Dance in Freedom through Joy, Rohit Sapra
- I FELL BUT STILL ROSE, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- i'm on duty!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Battle Of Hard Knocks, Lyn Paul
- Expectancy ..(A Senryu w/ Haiku Syllabic.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR