I love to watch the rain, fall in big fat shiny drops,
I love to know its helping grow, every farmer's crops;
I love to hear it thunder, and roar loudly as it pours,
I love to feel it wet my face, my cheeks, my eyes, my nose!
I love to sit on window sills, and sip hot chocolate milk,
and watch the rain wash shiny leaves, like velvet watered silk;
I love brown muddy puddles, I jump and they go 'splash! ',
And every night I love it, when the lightning starts to flash;
I love the smell of fresh washed earth, I love the cool crisp breeze,
When it rains, it's Heaven on earth, as God waters all His trees...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rainydaze by Roann Mendriq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Visit to the Unique Place, rohan bendre
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting..., Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo