Raised Up By God
Friend, I was raised up by God, to walk with Him upon earth’s sod,
He raised me up from the dust, when He breathed life into all of us.
But, because of man’s sinful fall, I did not walk with The Lord at all,
I simply went about my sinful way, living only for myself day to day.
Although I did not walk with Him, He came to save me from my sin,
While upon that cross at Calvary, where Christ died for you and me.
That sin that lead my heart astray, had taken me down a darker way,
But it was God’s love, not His wrath, that lead me to a brighter path.
I simply lived a life of emptiness, as I lived in my own righteousness,
A life far removed from God above, and void of His Grace and Love.
And it took me to an empty plight, all shaded by the darkened night,
But He put me on a path that’s right, one filled with my Savior’s Light.
God then raised me up to New Life, one that is found in Jesus Christ,
The Lord, who had truly died for me, has now given me Life Eternally.
Christ who raised me from the dust, is the One in whom I put my trust,
And through the power of New Birth, will soon raise me from the earth.
I shall be raised by Christ my Lord, to then live with God forevermore,
Until then, God fills these earthly days, with His Power and His Praise,
To lead others on earth to new life, through the Power of Jesus Christ,
And when together we are raised, in Glory God will be forever praised.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Raised Up By God by Bob Gotti )
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- you and that love thing..., Mandolyn ...
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns