I ran away as fast as I could,
Negotiating every corner of the street.
I ran away even faster,
After my friend I did meet.
I really ran away,
In the pages of a book.
I ran away from you,
As fast as it too.
I ran away from myself,
Uh oh! But did.
It didn't matter how fast I ran,
It didn't matter how fast I did.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ran by Vera Sidhwa )
- The Keladi People, Ismim Putera
- 159. The Book of my Life, John Westlake
- Words were golden, hasmukh amathalal
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Cross, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)