Not Long Left
Rationalising the world through words
Rationalising the world,
in metaphors and ryhme,
as a poet this is my crime.
living in a world of words,
surfing on the waves of inspiration,
feeling at times like a clogged up atery,
with thoughts and feelings and dreams,
caughts in long winding streams of poetic purpose.
seeing life through a bottle,
a utopic lonely life,
like that of a salt tasting fisherman,
waiting in knowing assureness,
that the right catch will take the bait.
like a child that turns to comics,
to make sense of the world,
i pick up a pen,
and with strokes and swirls,
decorate the lonely page.
with a poem
Not Long Left's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rationalising the world through words by Not Long Left )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA