Not Long Left
The moon, the sun, the sea, the rain, and the wind
The moon still shines like that of ages old,
holding distant secrets like a tale yet to be told,
The sun in all its blinding beauty continues to lend us its rays,
enriching us with memories of those blisfull youthspent days.
The sea still massages the sandy golden shores,
passing from the sea gods ever open jaws.
The rain still travels from open blue skys,
showering the land as the sky god cries.
The wind whispers words of both hope and depair,
in hope it strokes the heads of ours so very fair,
The moon and the sun and the sea the rain and the wind,
do what they have done since time began,
yet Man, yes man has changed grown more hungry,
and in turn has robbed the earth of its enchanting energy,
Man has bombed, and slaughtered, and destroyed,
man has teased and tested and toyed.
And as i, a man am washed by the nightly visit of rain,
tears of fear fall in unsison with the cloudy droplets,
I was not meant for times like these,
i am a passer by a silent hooded journey man,
swaying in the comfort of the invisible breeze.
wanting and waiting with poetic patience,
to be taken away on the wings of timeless words.
Not Long Left's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The moon, the sun, the sea, the rain, and the wind by Not Long Left )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Piece Of History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Live, breathe and inspire., Babatunde Esho
- Ruins Of Progress, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Posting Photos On The Facebook, I Feel I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- corrosion, oskar hansen
- TO HIS BOOTYLICIOUS MISTRESS, Israel Dammy Ipaye
- Post Photos of Beautiful Girls On The Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- To A Young Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Little Feet, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Common Touch, Edgar Albert Guest