Kctony Xtopher Nkwocha
Re- Presenting Africa
When you think of Africa
you think of blackness
also think of pride and strength.
The black of Africa symbolizes nature
untapped with upheld virginity.
My Africa, where nature’s blessings abound
that you wonder, ponder, sitting like pander
withdrawn to understand, why Africa?
Beats and rhythm Africa’s heritage
home or diaspora your tunes resound
synchronize with your heartbeats
lifts you to hip-hop, waist wreathing
dance steps simultaneous to rhythm.
Happy people only known
when within Sadness gates.
Africans are happy people.
Live and let live
forever our continental motto.
Kctony Xtopher Nkwocha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Re- Presenting Africa by Kctony Xtopher Nkwocha )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards