Greater than God, greater than Nature
Time reigns the world, Time rules the lives
called as fate, considered as destiny
Time plays with all, leaves none at all
exempts time not even the God
He finds himself at the mercy of times
countless are the abodes of God
not all attract the attention of all
with devotees and offerings marking their prominence
famed are only some all the times
others remain shadowed under the control of times
eclipsed and ejected, they struggle even for maintenance
time finds pleasure in playing with human lives
zeal it creates in some lethargy it instills in many
success it bestows on some failure it awards to many
boon it showers on some bane it proves for many
time is the tyrant, fate is the forerunner
destiny is the decider while we all remain mere mortals
Somanathan Iyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Real Power by Somanathan Iyer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland
- Holding Moments In Cupped Hands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak