That perfect person you longed to meet
And make part of your life
Turned out to be a control freak,
The dream lasted a whole week
And awakening was so bleak.
Hope and expectation ends in grief.
The perfect job you so desired
To advance your stalled career
Led you into a dead - end.
Ambition is a false friend,
Frustration seems a strong trend
Dipping towards a dark nadir.
Time for a reality check,
Your life is a carousel.
What goes around keeps coming back,
The car you rode is off the track,
Failure stretched you on a rack
And disillusion cracks your shell.
So step down off your merry-go-round
Into these waiting arms,
I cannot offer you perfection
But promise a connection
That will salve hurt and rejection
With a thousand loving balms...
Anthony Zeigler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reality Check by Anthony Zeigler )
- a rainy day@ kidapawan, RIC S. BASTASA
- Provocation, Over The Moon
- Be patient, hasmukh amathalal
- memory lane@tabon, RIC S. BASTASA
- dawn i know, in deep understanding shall.., RIC S. BASTASA
- always uncaught., RIC S. BASTASA
- I Turn To Ice, Over The Moon
- yellow light turns green, Is It Poetry
- Tuesday, Kyle Costa
- Sleeping Machines, Kyle Costa
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)