That perfect person you longed to meet
And make part of your life
Turned out to be a control freak,
The dream lasted a whole week
And awakening was so bleak.
Hope and expectation ends in grief.
The perfect job you so desired
To advance your stalled career
Led you into a dead - end.
Ambition is a false friend,
Frustration seems a strong trend
Dipping towards a dark nadir.
Time for a reality check,
Your life is a carousel.
What goes around keeps coming back,
The car you rode is off the track,
Failure stretched you on a rack
And disillusion cracks your shell.
So step down off your merry-go-round
Into these waiting arms,
I cannot offer you perfection
But promise a connection
That will salve hurt and rejection
With a thousand loving balms...
Anthony Zeigler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reality Check by Anthony Zeigler )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson
- PH: Life: Black On White, Brian Johnston
- Experiencing Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Have you lost your ways?, gajanan mishra
- Whose Fault is This?, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney