That perfect person you longed to meet
And make part of your life
Turned out to be a control freak,
The dream lasted a whole week
And awakening was so bleak.
Hope and expectation ends in grief.
The perfect job you so desired
To advance your stalled career
Led you into a dead - end.
Ambition is a false friend,
Frustration seems a strong trend
Dipping towards a dark nadir.
Time for a reality check,
Your life is a carousel.
What goes around keeps coming back,
The car you rode is off the track,
Failure stretched you on a rack
And disillusion cracks your shell.
So step down off your merry-go-round
Into these waiting arms,
I cannot offer you perfection
But promise a connection
That will salve hurt and rejection
With a thousand loving balms...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reality Check by Anthony Zeigler )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal
- Love's Journey, Savita Tyagi
- Check the dogs, gajanan mishra