Sitting here, sitting here waiting.
Waiting quietly, waiting for an answer.
Invisible tears fall from my eyes.
Flashbacks from yesteryear fill up my mind.
Crying in silence, crying in solitude.
Solitude pains me, solitude saves me.
The answer that I seek, lost in the shadows of tomorrow.
No will or cause, my heart fills with sorrow.
Breathing slowly, breathing to my death.
Death becomes me, death controls me.
So long I searched for the answer, so long I lost my way.
The fight I had was lost, from my goals I strayed.
Kicking and screaming I fell, Kicking and screaming I'll rise.
As I write I confess, confessing how I hurt.
Here and now I stand, as you witness my rebirth.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rebirth by Adriana Romero )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Haiku 'leaves ', miken newman
- Much more powerful, gajanan mishra
- Lahoo, Lahoo Ek Dastaan, Yasmeen Khan
- Thoughts While Waiting in the ER, Donal Mahoney
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau
- Toll of human safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I am not ready to say I am unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Yesterday's Snow, Marilyn Lott
- Ego, Denise Duhamel
- Life and Heaven, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..