Red Is Blood
Red is blood, sweet Aphrodite.
And weak is the flesh that it feeds
For this I beg of thee: unsmite me!
Passion is red; and so is the heart that it bleeds.
White is purity, bold Eros!
And grey is the fog of my passionate head
This is the battle; she is my loss!
White is verity; and so is the corpse that is dead.
Yet what is the love that cannot die?
What is the love that bears to lie?
It is the love that loves unanswered
It is the love that asks not why
The love that burns, loved unsaid.
It’s the love I love; unrequited.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Red Is Blood by Zak Pearce )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- White days, interruption ("One Flew.., John Taggart
- The Magnet, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Not even a dream ("Deliverance"), John Taggart
- Time lapse ("Grey Gardens"), John Taggart
- from "Landscape with Light", John Taggart
- Inside Out, John Taggart
- PH: Limericks (Of Physics) : #1, Brian Johnston
- Slow Song for Mark Rothko, John Taggart
- Refrains for Robert Quine, John Taggart
- Precious Lord, John Taggart