Ace Of Black Hearts
Rehearsing For My Soon To Be Captors
Escaping the improbable.
Is it fate that mocks me?
With such a horrid laugh it just can't be.
As if I could understand the ground beneath my feet.
Can anybody else hear the little whelp inside me?
'Boy be patient and you might just see.'
No not with eyes so glued shut I guess.
Definitely in that there is no denying.
But am I that conniving thief with a incurable disease?
Maybe if you broke my spirits, but most certainly not under the duress of impossible threats.
I spit in your face with no regrets.
Sometimes spite is the only thing you have left.
It is not necessarily honorable I assure you, but sometimes it does bring to ones face red in the face ruthlessness and stupidity.
Easily angered is not a trait I envy at all.
How many lives has that taken this far?
More then the hands that can be raised.
Do I enjoy playing with ones emotions?
Most certainly the heart is a fiddle some one needs to be playing.
How can you consider yourself any good if you don't?
A womens trait by all accounts I guess.
But saying you become part of those in which you're raised.
And I'm proud of my parents most certainly.
I don't deny being a bastard of little heritage.
I keep hearing this man speaking me in a ignorant tone 'know your place boy.'
But no longer being how could know such a place.
It is so far away from the place I called home.
I could never my surrender my head under the guise of Stockholm syndrome.
A love for ones captors, I'm sorry but they would have to kill me first.
Come on now please do worse.
A dressing upon a wound that seems to be well rehearsed.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rehearsing For My Soon To Be Captors by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- HE IS A MAN, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To Someone Special On PoemHunter, Electric Lady
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Francis William Bourdillon
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ono no Komachi
(c. 825—c. 900))
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)