I was focused in school
It lead me astray
I thought about it all the time.
I had no real idea
So, I asked myself why.
I did everything right
So, I asked why?
I didn't believe the answer
So, I kept trying.
I have faith in God
So, I kept praying.
I'd love a chance with you miss
so, I kept saying.
Me and you together
As i kept dreaming.
I thought I was distinctive
As I was thinking
Rejection four times, that was no dream
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rejection by sabelo khumalo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra
- Invocation, Hans Raj Sharma
- The tempest death, Akshansh Pandey
- MY POEMS, MOHAMMAD SKATI