from broken time, collected.
Nosegay of dry, lifeless life to bury
like corpses in tombs, slowly, decaying,
proof of impermanence,
cannot fight the present.
Should I treasure an illusion in delusion?
Should I cherish the dearest one
and spend this life, ill,
in its melancholic sweetness,
dreaming of a dream?
You, there, the brightest among them,
care enough to be remembered?
You, my beloved, the one who so softly whispers
in my lonely nights bewitchingly,
while two shadows of extended silhouettes
are dancing a nocturnal balletto
ceaselessly in my restless mind,
Are you too, dreaming
of an eternity of remembrance?
For when we two tenderly entwined,
dancing deliriously before my blindly eyes,
everything else fades away in non existence,
and all my memories become
the memory of you.
The memory of you...
Mihaela Pirjol's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remembrance by Mihaela Pirjol )
Did you read them?
- War (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Finally hope fades away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What can we do not to sin again? ? ? ?, ademola oluwabusayo
- Childhood collection poem -4, soulful heart
- Tell me you love me, Tiku akp
- All cut jokes, hasmukh amathalal
- Finally Freed (Unbound), Dylan Attard
- This materialistic world هذا العالم المادي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My dream (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- The Long March, Malek Haddad
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)