Removing The Veil
All people are born with a spiritual veil that covers their face,
Left in its place this veil hides both God's Truth and His Grace.
God sent His Son to earth, with the intent to take this veil away,
But with hearts filled with pride, some have chose to let it remain.
Allowing it to remain and being veiled from God's Truth from above,
They are hindered from being filled with God's peace and His love.
This hindering veil falls off when one simply believes in The Lord,
This is an eternal truth from above that no man can afford to ignore.
Abraham, who was called God's friend, believed long before you and I,
By God's Grace alone he was not hindered, as God spoke from the sky.
He had no Bible to help him, but Abraham believed Him never the less,
So God smiled down upon him, and credited it to him as righteousness.
God chose to walk with Abraham, and started a nation through him,
But instead of following his example, many chose to continue in sin.
Because of their choice, God sent a veil over the face of the nation,
However, through this tiny nation, God sent His ultimate Salvation.
Now all people on earth will be blessed through this one tiny nation,
As salvation to all mankind, was His plan from the dawn of creation.
So accept God's Gift of Salvation through Christ, by believing today,
And that veil that has spiritually blinded you will simply fall away.
(Copyright © 04/2002)
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Removing The Veil by Bob Gotti )
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 5, ramesh rai
- Lost At Sea, Margaret Alice Second
- 17 Year Engagement, Saiom Shriver
- Beauty, Nishi Kumari
- The World, Tony Adah
- Reflections, Abekah Emmanuel
- New breeze, ramesh rai
- Sunday Church, Waltz For Zizi
- Timely Rubaiyat, Jonathan ROBIN
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)