Rescue My Captive Lady
I laid down sprawling
On the grass,
And my eyes were
Up above the sky.
Though I was lying down,
In the sky
My soul did fly.
I can see the sleeping Moon
Slowly rising herself up from bed,
Slowly slowly it became silvery
At the beginning she was red.
As the night was running forward
The moon too rising slowly upward
Beautifying herself she came out
And forward she roll,
To have an embress
With my flying soul.
I rushed towards her
She towards me,
Quite unaware about
What the plight might be.
Suddenly a devilish cloud
Shrouded my silver moon,
Never thought the cloud will
Act as a serious goon.
Being so depressed
I flew to and fro,
They are the velains
In my mind did it grow.
Crying- my soul
Returned on earth
And entered it inside me,
Having a wish it slept deep
From the clouds
To rescue my Captive Lady.
Uttam Biswas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rescue My Captive Lady by Uttam Biswas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath