Why the earth revolves
Round the sun?
Why all people only
After money run?
Why death is a must
Where there is birth?
Why people can't think
Being down to earth?
Why hatred is sure
Where love is deep?
Why people on earth
Get promises to keep?
Why after light
Why in trouble
God we call?
Why bad and good
Go hand in hand?
Why before vile
We can't take rigid stand?
Why the politicians
Take the path of lie?
Why they hanker after money
And never say good bye?
Why on the same land
Some fruits are sweet
And some are bitter?
Why of all metals
Gold only glitter?
Answering those questions
The intelligence fails.
Where is the mystery of God
If he all things unveils?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? by Uttam Biswas )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- SAINTS AND SINNERS, Changu Chilwesa
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Our Own Experience Overwhelms Us, Shalom Freedman
- The Milkmen As The Leaders From Bihar, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Karma, Nivedita Patnaik
- Spring, Nivedita Patnaik
- Reading The Tea-Leaves of My Father..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nagasaki ...... [WAR; VERY SHORT; nucle.., Bri Edwards
- O My Friend Jerry, Abdulrazak Aralimatti
- The Chance, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Eve, Leong Ming Loong
- SCROUSE and SCRUMPY, michael walkerjohn