Why the earth revolves
Round the sun?
Why all people only
After money run?
Why death is a must
Where there is birth?
Why people can't think
Being down to earth?
Why hatred is sure
Where love is deep?
Why people on earth
Get promises to keep?
Why after light
Why in trouble
God we call?
Why bad and good
Go hand in hand?
Why before vile
We can't take rigid stand?
Why the politicians
Take the path of lie?
Why they hanker after money
And never say good bye?
Why on the same land
Some fruits are sweet
And some are bitter?
Why of all metals
Gold only glitter?
Answering those questions
The intelligence fails.
Where is the mystery of God
If he all things unveils?
Uttam Biswas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? by Uttam Biswas )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle