'Now is Christ risen from the dead and become the first fruits of them that slept.'
-1 Cor. ch. xv. v. 20
Christ is risen from the dead-He is risen,
First fruit of the sleeping is He;
He rose from death's desolate prison,
He hath made all His followers free!
He is risen-is risen! Our voices,
To hail the great triumph unite,
While earth from its centre rejoices,
And heaven re-echoes delight.
He is risen-is risen! The tiding
From planet to planet afar
On the wings of the lightning is riding;
Star heralds the vict'ry to star.
Generation salutes generation,
With the mighty, the magical word;
All space and all time shout, 'Salvation!'
In the name of the conquering Lord.
John Bowring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ressurection by John Bowring )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- أمطار الدم, سميح القاسم
- Voices, Gillian Commerford
- The strength is, gajanan mishra
- Alone, Gillian Commerford
- Being To Dawns And Clouds Blind, Vsevolod Rozhdestvensky
- I Did Not Seek The Other Forune's Favor, Vsevolod Rozhdestvensky
- باتريــس لومومبا, سميح القاسم
- After Love, Gillian Commerford
- Mind Games, Philo Yan
- اقطاع, سميح القاسم