'Now is Christ risen from the dead and become the first fruits of them that slept.'
-1 Cor. ch. xv. v. 20
Christ is risen from the dead-He is risen,
First fruit of the sleeping is He;
He rose from death's desolate prison,
He hath made all His followers free!
He is risen-is risen! Our voices,
To hail the great triumph unite,
While earth from its centre rejoices,
And heaven re-echoes delight.
He is risen-is risen! The tiding
From planet to planet afar
On the wings of the lightning is riding;
Star heralds the vict'ry to star.
Generation salutes generation,
With the mighty, the magical word;
All space and all time shout, 'Salvation!'
In the name of the conquering Lord.
John Bowring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ressurection by John Bowring )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston