Before I start to hate you
I cover my head with another woman's hair
So I can forget your smell.
I fall on another woman's chest
So I can forget
My secure house,
My old garden,
My promise land, and
My promised heaven.
I will keep love as it is.
I will only change one face with another
The way I used to change a fainted candle with another
Each time your dark hair
Hides the full moon
And reveals my face.
Any woman will keep me away from my rage;
Any woman will wash away your smell,
But no woman can kill you inside me.
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Revelations IV by Atef Ayadi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Gathering Rosebuds, Doyen Lingua
- My Stallion, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp