Reverie of Dreams
The story I wrote, on papers of mind, with pens of thoughts were dreams,
And then the eyes, were pinched open, with deafening truth that screams.
Oh yes! I thought, I would stop not and travel to places great,
then dazzling views, and joyous sounds and smells that truly elate,
would follow the way on which I'd sway, with joy, alike daffodil,
never did I think, that with a blink, such festive dreams would fill,
with stings of truth and hence with pain the reverie would shatter,
and every step I'll take with care and make sure it does matter.
And hence with time, the rhyme sublime, of innocence, here ends;
But I still walk stiff like a rock, where would it take, depends!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
And when truth strikes, we lose the power to dream and live life by logic, most often just following what others say and not following our instinct.
Comments about this poem (Reverie of Dreams by Parikshit Joshi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque