The lair beyond a secret door
Is nothing I've not seen before
A dirty place of rock and earth
Glowing from a golden hearth.
And on the mantelpiece lies
A little thing of precious size
Atop the mantel's golden sheen
Lies my dead brother's golden ring.
From dust to grime-covered finger
Brother's ring becomes my ringer
And every step I take in life
My brother's ring dispels my strife.
And all the women I do find
Of bodice, bosom, and behind
Quickly cave to my desires
And darkly light their dark fires.
But one night my brother's ring breaks
No more satisfied are my aches
No more joyful are my joy days
For now alone the spirit plays.
Taking darkly to the dark street
I rape and kill then kill and eat
There's nothing left to hold me back
There's no ring keeping me from snack.
My bloody mouth and vicious paws
Are nothing but a creature's claws
And walking through the streets again
I feel my bloodlust and my sin.
Leon Agnew's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ring by Leon Agnew )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- MAN WHO WALKED ON WATER, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Love and Tears, Beach Girl
- Till Now, Cheryl Griffith
- shamely departed, kyvin nash
- THEIR SMART MISSILES ARE NOT SMARTER THA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Black Orchid, Beach Girl
- Play trick, hasmukh amathalal
- condemned, Mandolyn Davidson
- Love In A LifeTime, Melissa Furey
- Haves and havenots, gajanan mishra