The lair beyond a secret door
Is nothing I've not seen before
A dirty place of rock and earth
Glowing from a golden hearth.
And on the mantelpiece lies
A little thing of precious size
Atop the mantel's golden sheen
Lies my dead brother's golden ring.
From dust to grime-covered finger
Brother's ring becomes my ringer
And every step I take in life
My brother's ring dispels my strife.
And all the women I do find
Of bodice, bosom, and behind
Quickly cave to my desires
And darkly light their dark fires.
But one night my brother's ring breaks
No more satisfied are my aches
No more joyful are my joy days
For now alone the spirit plays.
Taking darkly to the dark street
I rape and kill then kill and eat
There's nothing left to hold me back
There's no ring keeping me from snack.
My bloody mouth and vicious paws
Are nothing but a creature's claws
And walking through the streets again
I feel my bloodlust and my sin.
Leon Agnew's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ring by Leon Agnew )
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
- Rodeo Rogues, Saiom Shriver
- Seek And Ye Shall Find, Saiom Shriver
- Starlove, Saiom Shriver
- Sonnet No: 62 I WERE A CUCKOO, I'D SWE.., Dipankar Sadhukhan
- dreams and reality, Rahman Henry
- To Alex. Cunningham, Esq., Writer, Edinb.., Robert Burns
- So many faces, gajanan mishra
- On the Seas and far away, Robert Burns
- Steel Funeral, Dazairie Ronay
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)