Like the ripples on the water
does love dissipate as it goes on
or does it keep growing forever?
Watching two lovers throw pebbles
into a pond to watch the ripples grow.
Do they hope their love
will expand like the ripples
around any obstacles that may occur?
Will their love for one another
will grow no matter whatever they may encounter?
Love is turbulent thing
with its current running unabated
and its ripples occurring
when you least expect them.
Tears fall on occasions
while smiles greet each new day.
Through the sadness we go on
with thoughts of rainbows
that lay ahead of us
beyond the ripples in our lives.
8-9 February 2014
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ripples by David Harris )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Recife Dogs Haiku, Kim Barney
- Pausing - That Was All, Frank Avon
- Truth, Please, Sandra Feldman
- can I be..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- As You Laid There, GJG Elton
- At the market..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Below, Frank Avon
- God's own..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- 2 Fast And The Furious, Mark Harper
- midnight dream, Cee Bea