- - - - - - -
Sweet little babe giggles and coo's
with each smile, chases away your blues.
Big beautiful eyes filled with wonder
as she grows, it's your heart that is torn asunder.
Her voice soon found,
a giggle now a melodious sound.
Finding her self now blossoming like a tree,
A little girl no more, rather a strong young lady.
Out stretched arms and looking to the sky,
A beautiful girl is ready to open her wings and fly.
Watching closely, never going to far,
your little girl is now your rising star.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rising Star by Cindy Wright )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- الجناس, Abdullah alHemaidy
- world, Samuel Temidayo