- - - - - - -
Sweet little babe giggles and coo's
with each smile, chases away your blues.
Big beautiful eyes filled with wonder
as she grows, it's your heart that is torn asunder.
Her voice soon found,
a giggle now a melodious sound.
Finding her self now blossoming like a tree,
A little girl no more, rather a strong young lady.
Out stretched arms and looking to the sky,
A beautiful girl is ready to open her wings and fly.
Watching closely, never going to far,
your little girl is now your rising star.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rising Star by Cindy Wright )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou