Rising Sun - Falling Pun
A crisis for Japanese banks.
Oregami Bank had to fold.
Karate Bank has chopped its ranks.
Karaoke Bank quickly sold,
But it had to go for a song.
Sumi Bank wrestled with the fact
That it landed belly up wrong.
And in a final dying act,
Kamikazi Bank nosedived down.
In fishy cuts to stay afloat,
Sushi Bank got bad mouthed renown,
Making raw deals of slimy note.
It is not clear how, where or when,
Punny money will get the yen.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rising Sun - Falling Pun by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra
- DJ, The Making of A DJ, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach
- Chiaroscuro, Nicole C Esbach
- Sonnet # 536, Luis Estable
- SELF-INTROSPECTION ON MY HAPPY BIRTH DAY, Purusottam Chuli
- I Wish For Peace, Serena Blackinton