'Sooner or later... we have to risk everything in order to gain everything. We have to gamble on the invisible and risk all that we can see and taste and feel.” Thomas Merton
Soft autumn breezes,
hills: brown, blue, violet - black
moving to nothing.
risk it all, keep no-
thing in your hand; grasp thin air
and take everything.
taste your fears, salt-tears
sting your eyes; glare like the sun-
set on the last day.
Steven Federle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Risk by Steven Federle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -43, Ronjoy Brahma
- Proposal (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Mystery, Kyle Schlicher
- only Dfence against the rythym - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -42, Ronjoy Brahma
- Clubfoot, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Cabaret Ludwig, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- love is, Gicaniro Will
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -41, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prayer and love, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.